Almost everyone is looking for the best way to stay fit and healthy. Diets come and go, as does the weight. One minute you’re fit and trim, the next minute your clothes don’t fit. Weight needs to be managed just as much as stress does. Stress causes us to overeat and consume the wrong foods and beverages. So here are some pointers from a naturopathic doctor who is well familiar with the struggle to stay fit and healthy.
1. It’s important to connect to a higher power by having faith and to believe in yourself and that you can do whatever you set your mind to. Our bodies are wired to listen to our brains. The human mind is very powerful and it is in charge of our body. It is not the body that should dictate what you do but your mind. Have you ever seen a king walking and his servant riding on the horse?
2. Use natural foods and herbal supplements like Schisandra berries or Ashwaghanda to manage your stress hormones. In addition to fun sweaty exercise, also known as exercise, it’s good to take natural supplements that can boost brain power, energy, will power, mood and vitality. I love Schisandra berries and so do my clients. When you’re feeling a little flustered, a cup of Schisandra berries tea will make you relax and not take out your stress on those closest to you, as humans tend to do. They are definitely not your typical berry. This dynamic superberry counters stress by reducing the number of stress hormones in the blood. It is considered an adaptogen, meaning that it can adapt to the broad needs of your body. Schisandra helps to decrease fatigue and improve mental and physical endurance. Many athletes use the superberry to improve performance. Schisandra berries also help the liver to function well, it aids the digestion system and boosts the immune system. In addition, Schisandra fights cancer cells by boosting immunity. It also beautifies the skin. To make a Schisandra berry wine tonic, soak the berries in a wine for about three to four weeks. You can also make a tea by boiling or steeping the berries, add a bit of honey and enjoy the unusual taste and thrilling benefits of these dynamic little berries.
3. Detoxify your body and your blood by making a tea out of burdock and dandelion leaves, ginger, cascara sagrada, and peppermint leaves. Drink lots of water. Eliminate by going to bathroom often. Use 1 tsp of the above to 1 liter of water, boil for 5 minutes and let cool. Drink a very small teacup each morning.
4. Take a 5 day watermelon fast or flush if you are physically able to. Check with your doctor first. In those five days, you can eat as much watermelon as you like, juice the watermelon, drink lots of water, lots of herbal tea.
5. Do a steam therapy detox or steam sauna once or twice during the five days. Drink lots of water to replenish all the fluids lost. Ask your doctor if you are ill or have health issues before going on this regimen.
Dr. Simone Lord is a board certified naturopath and iridologist. She is a pastor and the author of 5 books. Dr. Lord practices naturopathy at her juice bar and health food café and also church and wellness center. She is currently building a restoration retreat spa cabin in the foot of the Catskills mountains, NY, in a sweet town called Ellenville. Visit www.DrSimoneLord.com to learn more.